Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy 3rd birthday, Hagen!

Hagen turned 3 on May 22. We had his birthday party the weekend before. Hagen requested a "strawberry Rocket cake" and Grandmommie delivered beautifully, as usual! She spent all week working on the Rocket cake and it was so perfect I didn't want to cut it! Hagen was very happy. He had a Little Einsteins themed party and I had the show's song running through my head the whole time I was putting up streamers and balloons...

Opa and Oma bought Hagen a really cool McQueen bicycle and it was given to him at the end of the party after most everyone had left. We opened the family's presents after our guests left since toddlers' attention spans run out after a little while. Grandmommie and Granddad got Hagen an art easel and a really nice stuffed giraffe from Fossil Rim.

On Hagen's actual birthday, we met Grandmommie and Granddad in Frisco at Stonebriar Mall to take Hagen ice skating for the first time. Hagen wasn't a big fan...he let Shawn put the skates on his feet, and he was fine when Shawn first carried him onto the ice. When Shawn attempted to put Hagen on the ice, however (I was still putting my skates on), I heard this scream from the ice. Alas, the birthday boy did NOT like the feeling of being on the ice with his skates. Luckily there were only a few other people on the ice - it was a good time to go. Hagen spent the rest of the time sitting with Grandmommie, watching me, Shawn and my dad skate around. We tried a couple more times to get him to come out but he didn't want to, so we didn't push it. I asked him if he wanted to just step on the ice with his shoes on and he said no. My mom said she would try it, and Hagen put up his hand to hold her back and said, "No, Grandmommie, you'll get hurt". Mom was quite moved by that display of concern. Oh, before we went skating, we went to the StarsCenter in Frisco to get Hagen's skates sharpened. Ed Belfour was on the ice with his son, who was decked out in goalie equipment. I told Hagen who Eddie Belfour is and we went over and watched for a few minutes. We waved to the Eagle and he waved back. Very cool. :-)


After skating, we went to Gattitown in Frisco. We played lots of games and it was really fun.

Shawn and I played Guitar Hero to Poison's "Talk Dirty to Me". Dad got a hold of my camera and took some shots of us. We totally rocked.
Tired boy after a long day of partying. :-)










I have more pictures to post but Blogger is not cooperating, so I'm done for now. More to come later!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Your mom is incredibly talented! That cake looks amazing (and yummy)!

What a fun way to turn 3. Hopefully he'll be out on the ice before too long. :)