Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Guitar Hero and the start of Christmas festivities

Lately Hagen likes to play Guitar Hero with Daddy. He gets this very serious look on his face when he's concentrating and I had to capture that on the camera.


We went to "Light Up Lakeside" at the shopping center where I work on Saturday and it was fun - albeit bloody cold. The Ridgway family and Jenn, Mandy and Emma met us there. They had carriage rides, a carriage ride with Santa, pony rides and a petting zoo. We didn't even stay for the actual tree lighting at 6:00 because it was so flippin cold, but we stayed a few hours and had a good time.
Carriage ride! Matt was being super-cheesy in some of these pictures.

Carriage ride with Santa! These pictures are kind of dark, but you get the idea.

Hagen was REALLY brave this year and decided he would try the pony rides. Once he did it he wanted to keep going back - I was proud of him for getting over that fear. He really had fun and didn't get scared.
Madi on a pony.


There were balloon artists and Hagen wanted a sword, and he asked me to get one, too. Here's us swordfighting.


They also had face painting - here is Mandy and Emma with butterflies, and Hagen with a lion face.


Hagen zonked out on the way home.

A funny thing Hagen said last night: We were getting ready for bed and he said he had to go pee-pee. I told him I would go with him to help and he put his hand out to stop me and said, "I need some privacy". Ummmm...okay...I suggested I help him get started and he was okay with that. :-)

2 comments:

Emily Conner said...

Okay, I love the pink striped pony! Hilarious! Does Hagen actually understand how to play guitar hero? That's amazing!

Stephanie said...

He is not actually playing, Emily - he just thinks he is. Don't tell him I told you that. Haha. :-)