Sunday, March 21, 2010

Snow: Part 3...or 4...I don't know, I lost count

On Saturday, March 20th, Opa came to visit and went with us to the last regular season game of the Americans at the Allen Event Center. They raised their first flag in honor of their inaugural season, which was cool.


Before the Americans game there was a hockey game between the Allen Police Department and the Allen Fire Department. It was very entertaining. We were rooting for the police since Shawn is a COP (Citizen on Patrol) and they were ahead 2-0 but ended up losing in a shootout. Bummer. We'll get 'em next year.


Here are a couple of pictures from the hockey game. It was a lot of fun. There was a skate with the players after the game and it was really cool. A couple of the players were so impressed with Hagen's skating and so encouraging of him - one said he was still holding onto the boards at Hagen's age.


After the hockey game and post-game skate we came outside to snow! It apparently snowed all night and was still coming down in the morning. I took pictures of Daddy and Hagen building a snowman and having a snowball fight. They had a blast. :-)

2 comments:

Emily Conner said...

Can you believe we got that much snow? I am so spoiled now. I'm going to be disappointed if we don't get snow again next year.

Stephanie said...

That was a surprise, for sure! I agree with you - I'm going to expect that every year and I'm pretty sure we'll be let down most of the time!