Friday, November 5, 2010

Catching Up

Okay, it's been awhile since I've posted anything aside from that recent video. I have some catching up to do. Here goes!

On a recent trip to the zoo, Hagen wanted to feed the giraffes - that is one of the cool new things about the Giants of the Savannah exhibit. Turns out Hagen was a little too scared to actually feed the giraffes himself, so I held him while I did it. It is really cool how close you can get to the giraffes and they are not shy!


More pictures from the zoo.
We went to Glen Rose for Labor Day weekend, which is when we told our parents that I am pregnant. I bought Hagen a hospital scrub set that says "Big Brother" on the shirt that he can wear at the hospital. Anyway, we were going out to dinner with everyone one night to celebrate my and Tom's birthday, and Shawn took Hagen into the restroom and put the scrubs on him to come show everyone. That way Hagen got to spill the beans on a secret he'd been keeping for awhile! He got VERY shy, though, and wouldn't actually say anything, but it was still cute.


While in Glen Rose, we went to Dinosaur World, which was pretty neat. We've gone before to the gift shop but have never done the walking trail with all the dinosaur statues. They were really cool and some of them were huge; it was really a fun exhibit. Hagen REALLY liked it and acted like our little tour guide, always being up front and running to see the next dinosaur. At the end they had a fossil dig where the kids got to sift through a big trough of sand and pick out 3 fossils to take home. Shawn helped Hagen and they both had fun.

Hagen on the phone with Opa.

Hagen didn't believe that we checked on him after he went to sleep at night, so on two nights we actually documented it on film to show him the next day. I'm still not sure he believes us...


Shawn wants to take a picture of my belly at the first of each month and this was from September when I was about 7 weeks along. Hagen wanted to be included and wanted his belly photographed, as well. :-)


Hangin' out with Daddy, eating strawberries.


The week or so before Halloween, the head of our HOA was at the pool pavillion parking lot giving out pumpkins and his wife was taking pictures with any kids that wanted a picture with their little dog. Hagen was shy at first, but he eventually got acquainted with Chompers and even sat still for a couple of quick pictures.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

What a fun way to share with your parents! I'd had big ideas on how we'd do it but when it actually came time, just blurting it out was all we could do. :)

And you're looking fabulous. How are you feeling?

Stephanie said...

Ahh, thanks, Carrie - that is sweet but I don't feel so fabulous!! I'm not feeling so great and kind of mad that the second trimester energy and feeling better hasn't kicked in...I'm still waiting. I know it will pass eventually but I don't remember feeling this "blah" for so long with Hagen and having such a hard time. Ick.