Thursday, April 3, 2008

Easter and other stuff

Well, it didn't snow the day before Easter like it did last year. Our friend Joe from Maryland was visiting that weekend so he joined us for the Easter festivities in Glen Rose/Granbury. I didn't realize how much fun Hagen would have hunting Easter eggs - he would get very excited when he found one. He's still playing with them, too. We're using them for counting - we'll ask how many yellow (or pink, or orange, etc...) eggs there are and he'll count them (it's not much more than three or four right now).




Mom's Easter centerpiece and Hagen's Easter basket - beautiful!



These pictures were taken at Mom and Dad's on Easter in Glen Rose. The boys (Opa, Daddy, Granddad and Hagen) went for a little walk by the pond.






Here are a few pictures of Hagen in his St. Patrick's day shirt - "Mom's Lucky Charm". As in many pictures, Mocha is just nearby enough to be sort of involved but out of arm's reach.





Some pictures hanging out with "Uncle Joe".




My friend Carrie (the Blue-Eyed Bookworm) was visiting from Albuquerque and we went with her and her sister Donna (Mocha's savior!) to The Magic Time Machine in Addison. Donna and Hagen bonded as they walked around and checked out all the cool decor at the restaurant. She had Hagen's caricature done and it was really cute - he was Super Hagen!






This is one of my new favorite videos. Hagen's newest phrase is "right there!" when he's trying to show us something. This started when he wanted a blue cup to drink from one night and Shawn opened the cupboard in which there are MANY Hagen-sized blue cups of different sizes. Shawn was asking which blue cup he wanted and he kept pointing and saying "right THERE!" like Daddy was supposed to know EXACTLY which blue cup he wanted! Now we think it's very amusing when he does it. That is a play hockey stick he's carrying around...we're getting him ready for the NHL. Part of the reason we chose his name is because we thought "Hagen Vorndran" would sound REALLY cool being announced over a loudspeaker as he's skating onto the ice...and winning MVP... :-)


3 comments:

Donna said...

When Hagen gets to the NHL, I want season tickets!! Wait, who am I fooling, I want season tickets now. I'll even take him with me if I could get season tickets.

I'm glad you like the charicature. I had fun with him.

Stephanie said...

Haha, we will definitely reserve season tickets for you! :-) Hagen loves the pictures of you and Carrie with him on the ocuch - I only had to say your names once and now when he sees the pictures he says "Miss Donna!" and "Miss Carrie!". :-)

Carrie said...

Hagen's grin in the last picture of us is just too cute!

And I kept waiting for him to accidentally whack you with that hockey stick. You're going to have to work on his form a bit more because I don't know much about hockey but I think that's against the rules. :)