Thursday, September 4, 2008

Labor Day

We went to Glen Rose and Granbury for Labor Day weekend. Mom made me an Audrey Hebpburn cake for my birthday (we celebrated my birthday and Opa's, too) and she wrapped our gifts in Tiffany blue. The cake was SO gorgeous - it was a shame to cut into it! But it not only looked good, it tasted AWESOME, too!! Have I ever mentioned how talented my mom is??


These pictures were taken before church on Sunday. Hagen was wearing his monogrammed Polo shirt that Grandmommie bought him. Yes, he is wearing a little belt...I didn't even think they made belts that small, but they do! And his matched Granddad's...just a tad smaller. ;-)


I think this picture is my new all-time favorite.

Shawn cut down a couple of his older hockey sticks to make them Hagen-sized. Last night Shawn found a street puck so they (and me a little bit) played in the garage. It was so fun! Hagen LOVES playing hockey and it was really fun to watch him play with the real stick.



I don't know why he has this look on his face...I guess it was total concentration.


Here is a video of the hockey game.



While we were at Opa's and Oma's on Sunday afternoon, Hagen was playing with the wooden train set he has at their house. Awhile back Opa bought a bunch of wooden train stuff for Hagen and he LOVES to play with that when we go visit. Grandmommie was helping him, and me, too, except when I was taking pictures. In the background, the "big boys" had an electric train set they were setting up. Lots of Kodak moments here. I love the pictures of the two granddads playing. :-)


3 comments:

Donna said...

Those are great hockey pics... you can use those for NBC' backstory pieces when he's on the Olympic team!

Stephanie said...

Haha, I had similar thoughts! :-)

Carrie said...

Your mom made that cake?!? With the bow and everything? I think I'm doing good to ice a cake and have it look decent.

And the pics of the granddads are great.