Thursday, October 23, 2008

Our Five-Year Anniversary

October 18 was our 5-year wedding anniversary. Shawn and I went to Fort Worth for the weekend to celebrate and stayed at the Worthington Hotel on Sundance Square. We were on the 8th floor and had a beautiful view of Sundance Square, including the Bass Hall, from our window. When we got to the room there was a bottle of champagne, chocolate-dipped strawberries, and yellow roses on the table for us. It was really nice. Friday night we went to dinner at Steve Fields' Steak and Lobster House in Plano, then headed to Fort Worth for our weekend away. Our floor in the hotel was a limited-access floor, and there was a little lounge right around the corner from our room that had little tables and chairs, a TV, and a fridge with sodas and water. Saturday night Shawn and I picked up dinner at Uno across the street, then came back and watched the Red Sox game in the lounge (we were the only ones there). It was fun.














This is a picture of a Froot Loop necklace Hagen made at school a couple of weeks ago. I took a picture of it because his teacher, Miss April, said he worked SO hard on it and was so proud of it. I didn't want to save it, obviously, so I wanted to take a picture since he had so much fun with it, according to her. Also, it was his first day back to school from being out sick a few days and he had a rough time that morning, so I was happy when I called to check on him and Miss April said he was having a blast making the necklace.



I wasn't sure about posting pictures of Hagen in his Halloween costume before Halloween is even here, but...well, here they are. He told me he wanted to be a football player for Halloween (big shocker, I know) so I got him the outfit yesterday. He wanted to try it on so I put it on him and he wore it the rest of the night until bathtime, then after his bath he was wearing just the helmet and his diaper. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of that. :-) Also that night, our friend Matt and his daughter Madi came over to watch the Stars game. Well, Matt and Madi were supporting New Jersey, and seeing as how we lost to them 5-0, they're not allowed over anymore. Just kidding...I think...







Anyway, Hagen and Madi had so much fun playing together. They were playing football together, and with Hagen's tool bench, and the Retro Rocket. I took this video of them playing with the Rocket - they did this for about 10 minutes or so and it was SO funny. They had a blast. I love the age Hagen is now and that he really interacts with his friends - he and his friends play together now, not just alongside each other.

One more thing - Hagen had said the other week he wanted to be a football player for Halloween, then the other night he suddenly said he wanted to be a skeleton. I don't know where that came from, but I told him I was going to look for his Halloween costume the next day so I would see what I could find. My friend Terri from work went with me to look at costumes yesterday, and they did have a REALLY cute skeleton. I thought it might be okay because it wasn't scary-looking. I thought it was cuter than the football player so I got both and figured I would let him choose. Well, he put on the skeleton first and wore it for a few minutes then wanted it off and said it scared him. Here's a picture of it - isn't it cute??? Oh, well. I returned it today.

Skeleton Kids Costume (Size 3/4)

6 comments:

Carrie said...

What a lovely hotel! I'm so glad you guys were able to do something nice for your anniversary. When we were in Allen on Saturday visiting my friends Karen and Chris, Donna and I pointed out the church where you guys got married (we were at a garage sale at the day care next to the fire station, if that makes any sense).

And as I told another friend I didn't get to see this trip, if all goes as planned, I'll be back in town soon for a class at UNT. Hopefully one of those times (I know it is eight or so days that I have to be on campus but I'm not sure over how many visits), we'll be able to meet up.

Stephanie said...

That does make total sense - were you at the Peanut Gallery? Are you supposed to hear back soon from UNT? I hope so. That's great that you'll be back soon!
:-)

Carrie said...

We were at the Peanut Gallery--not much for Donna and me to look at but my friend Karen got a haul.

I'm not sure when I'll hear from UNT--I figure if I don't hear anything by the first of December, I'll give a call. And of course, I'll let everyone know as soon as I find out.

Donna said...

Downtown Ft. Worth has a great skyline. Happy belated anniversary!

I love the football player costume. He is such a cutie! Oh, and that skeleton visited me last night! :)

Patsy said...

I can't believe you guys have been married 5 years.

Your Hayden is sooo cute. It looks like he had a fun Halloween. You are a great mom to let him choose. I liked them both, but understand the football suit winning out. He is all boy.

Stephanie said...

Thanks, Donna! I really liked the skeleton costume and was hoping he would pick that, but oh, well. I'm glad you got to see one!

Thanks, Patsy! He is DEFINITELY all boy! :-)