Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone! We were in Glen Rose from Wednesday through Saturday. Opa and Oma came over on Thanksgiving Day. We had a lot of fun and Hagen played a LOT of hockey with Granddad, and football with me, Daddy and Granddad. Hagen has to play hockey every day. We never say, "Hey, Hagen, do you want to play hockey?" or anything. He just gets up and that's always the first thing he wants to do. It's the first thing he wants to do when he gets home from school, too. I realized recently that a lot of the pictures I take these days has Hagen in his hockey jersey and it looks like that's all he wears...I swear he is always wearing a different, clean shirt underneath, but at some point EVERY day he has that jersey on. I just wanted to clarify that we do dress him in regular, clean clothes...daily...

Oh, and yes, my dad DOES know that his pads go UNDER his jersey. He put them on to show Hagen and just left them on. I made sure he knew these pictures would be posted on the internet. :-)









And of course, Mom's beautiful centerpiece.


And here is the little hockey player taking a break, watching "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving".


Dad hamming it up when I turned the camera to him and Mom.


These pictures are ones that Dad took. Dad has learned how to fly these really neat airplanes and has half the garage turned into a hangar. He has some really cool planes and we went out one morning with him to fly a couple of them. Hagen watched for a little bit then had just as much fun playing in the dirt.

Here is a video of Hagen and Granddad playing hockey - one of MANY hockey games from our trip.



We went to Fossil Rim on Saturday morning to the petting zoo area and gift shop. Hagen REALLY surprised me by being totally brave and petting, brushing and attempting to feed grass to a goat. The goat wasn't hungry but Hagen tried. I was really proud of him. The last time we went to Fossil Rim he was really scared of the petting zoo area so I wasn't sure what to expect, but apparently he thought it was really cool this time! I was really proud of him.





Granddad and Hagen found these really cool masks in the gift shop at Fossil Rim.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

It looks like a wonderful time was had by all. :) I like the picture of Hagen watching television still ready to go into a hockey game if the need arises.

Stephanie said...

LOL! That was a good way to put it. Yes, he had to take a break, but was still "suited up" just in case. :-)