Thursday, April 30, 2009

First trip to the Dallas Zoo

We are officially members of the Dallas Zoo now, and we went for the first time last weekend. It was fun! Hagen seemed to really enjoy it and didn't get tired of it - even after 5 hours! Hagen told me (well, Daddy told him to tell me) he was proud of me for being brave and taking a brief peek at a gorilla (who was very far away). The pictures of Hagen by the gorilla were taken by Daddy, not me. And let me just tell you that at the entrance to their exhibit there is a sign that says to be quiet and respect the fact that you are in their habitat, and they are not in yours. So, to sum it up, "shut up and don't make any sudden movements because the gorillas will rip your arms off". See?? I don't think I'm crazy.

Okay, moving on...Hagen told me later that the crocodile was his favorite thing at the zoo. He also liked the parrot at the entrance that says "hello". We are hoping to go back again this weekend with Opa.


1 comment:

Emily Conner said...

Wow! I'm surprised Hagen got that close to the gorilla. Hope you guys get some more good weather this weekend!