Sunday, August 28, 2011

Brodie's room

Poor Brodie...his room is not entirely "his" - there are still two big bookcases that we just don't have anywhere else to put them, plus some other...stuff...that just needs another home. He has his crib on the main back wall where the guest bed was, and his changing table is on the wall next to that. So he kind of has a corner. It works, but we didn't go to the lengths to make his room so perfect like we did with Hagen because it wasn't going to be entirely his room. Plus I didn't want baby stuff painted on the wall because eventually we might get that room back as the guest room.

Anyway, I was trying to think of ways to decorate his wall so he didn't completely get the shaft in the room-decorating department. Awhile back I thought it might look cool to hang wooden letters spelling out his name over his crib. At first I thought of using ribbon to match the bedset but then thought ribbon would look too girly and/or babyish, even if it was "manly" colors. So I got some wooden letters and picked out paint colors that match his bedding, and over the course of a couple of weeks, Hagen helped me paint the letters, and we hung them today. Voila!








Hagen painting the "B". This was taken with my phone so the picture quality is not great, but I wanted to get a quick picture of Hagen helping.



No comments: